Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wishful thinking

Maybe she is and maybe she isn't...? But her nipples seem to be slightly larger and they are more pinkish than before. Tomorrow it has been 3 weeks from the mating, so probably I know more next week...

I'm a little hopeful at this point, but of course there is still a chance that Iines starts a new heat soon. She is losing her coat (it didn't stay on for long) so I couldn't have taken her to any shows anyway. I'm happy that she gained the IC titel before the kittens, and maybe in the autumn / winter she will try her luck in class 5.

I have been thinking a lot about showing Saga... but there are several reasons not to do it :-D For one, she is FAT... She needs to lose weight badly. Her body isn't very long (they have quite the same built with Roope) and she looks like a balloon ;-) Her mother isn't so skinny either, so it must run in the family..... She only has one CACE (well, CACS) and getting her 8 (or 10) more seems to be an endless task :-D Maybe she will attend some shows in the future, as a neuter.

The more I think about it, more clear it gets that I have no cats for shows. Roope would probably get a heart attack if I took him somewhere... And since he is in class 2, there is no point for me to take him anyway :-) Lulu became IP about 1,5 years ago and doesn't want to enter any more shows. She is in nice shape otherwise, but the coat still looks "weird" and she maybe ds after all. Her coat is also very soft and it is a mess. She doesn't want me to comb her at all... so usually I have to take the scissors and cut the knots off her. So looking at her coat, she is not exactly in a show condition ;-)

Iines seems to be my only hope at the moment, but actually I didn't get her as a showcat :-) I'm happy that she has a title and it doesn't matter if she never becomes GIC. However I have asked her to make me a showcat, but it remains to be seen if she can make my wish come true ;-)

No comments: