Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday, 54th day of Iines' pregancy

I have no clue why I'm awake at the moment! But since I couldn't sleep, I thought that I might as well get up, feed the cats and maybe update my homepage. For several mornings I have woken up around 5 AM because Roope keeps so terrible noices. Apparantely he is afraid(?) of Iines, because every time I go to check things up, he is in the bathroom with Iines, and Iines seems to be doing fine. This morning the same happened and I didn't even have to look at my phone to see what time it was: it's always 4:45. However today I couldn't get back to sleep anymore. Maybe I already got enough sleep, who knows.

There is still around 10 days left before Iines is due to have her kittens. She hasn't gotten much weight lately and probably she is expecting only a few kittens. Maybe 2 or 3. She and Tiikeri's sister Molla were mated around the same time and Molla has gained more weight than Iines. At first they gained the same amount for several weeks but now Molla is way ahead of Iines. Everything is ready for the kittens, so now the only thing I can do is to wait :-)

Next friday it will be day 61, so I'm hoping that they won't come before that... Otherwise they can be too small to survive.

No comments: