Friday, March 20, 2009

Iines' dna tests :-)

I finally got and answer from VGL today! I sent the samples on 26th of February but they arrived in the lab only a few days ago.

Here's the result:

Agouti Result:
A/A - All offspring will have agouti banded hair.

Dilute Result:
D/d - One copy of dilute allele. Cat is a carrier of dilute.

As I suspected, Iines can't have non agouti kittens... But it was quite a surprise to me that she carries dilution (2 of her siblings were dilute and parents are carriers, so I thought that it was only a small chance that she would be a carrier, too)! Kassu and Tiikeri both carry it too, but still no dilute colours. Maybe I should use for example a creme male next time ;-)

Kittens are doing well and they have names, too :-) I didn't have time to update my page in the morning, but I named the kittens last night. They are Destiny, Liberty and Infinity :-) (songs by Stratovarius....). Weights have gone nicely up! Destiny had gained 32 g from yesterday morning!!! Liberty 22g and Infinity 17g. Destiny is the biggest kitten at the moment (170g) and Infinity smallest (158g). Liberty is between them (166g).

No comments: