Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update

Finally, some energy to write in english... Kittens have been sick for 5 days and I have naturally been really worried about them. They didn't want to eat or drink on their own and couldn't keep anything in. When I gave them water, they soon puked it out :-/ So obviously they went in a bad shape and fast.

First visit trip to the vet was on monday. Liberty was in worst condition and was given some fluids. The others didn't need it, but all threee got primperan to avoid them from feeling nausious. It didn't help much, since every time I have then the pill, they puked it out.

Yesterday they were all in such a bad shape that I visited the vet again. It was already day 5 and no signs of recovery yet. Some of the adults have been sick too, but of course it's not so big deal for them to puke a couple of times. At this time, Lulu is the only one who hasn't been sick at all. The vet gave fluids to everyone this time, again primperan and this time some antibiotics, too!

I'm afraid to celebrate just yet, but it's been over 24 hours now and no-one has puked. Kittens are playing and running again and even drinking and eating on their own. They haven't eaten much yet, but they are clearly hungry again and I'm hoping that I can soon stop feeding them and they will eat enough on their own. Haven't weighted them today, but Liberty lost over 200g during these 5 days, Infinity and Destiny about 100g.

I most likely got the nasty virus from a show I visited last Saturday :-/ I went to Tampere to see cats and buy catlitter etc. and maybe it came from there. At least that's the only logical explanation to it. Some other cats have been sick too, but naturally it's not so bad for adults. I did a massive cleaning operation yesterday, to get rid of the virus or bacteria or whatever... I hope that it helped!

I had to postpone the vaccinations (which were orignially going to be 20.5 and 10.6) and now I have to make a new schedule for it. So it also means that kittens can't leave to their new homes on week 24. But if things continue to go well, they are ready to pack their bags on the following week.

No comments: